As the end of summer nears, we've been doing a "summer cleaning" so to speak. After three months of sandy feet, muddy garden clothes, and wet bathing suits, our room needed a cleaning overhaul. Our bed, unfortunately, bore the brunt of this mess as it ended up being a dumping ground for all of our clutter without a home. That's why when we stripped our bed and swapped out our linens, we crafted this linen spray to freshen up our sheets--oh, buying storage for our clutter helped too :) This spray is a great alternative to chemical-based sprays like Fabreez and is just as effective. We really like the fresh, lemon basil scent and others do too--they make great gifts! See below for the instructions.
- 16 oz Spray Bottle
- 1 1/4 Cups Water, Divided into 3/4 Cup and 1/2 Cup
- 4 Tablespoons of Dried Basil
- Coffee Filter
- 1 Tablespoon Vodka
- 5 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Step 1.) In a small pot, bring 1/2 cup water to boil. Add your 4 Tablespoons of dried basil to the water and let steep for a few minutes.
- Step 2.) In another pot, bring 3/4 cups of water to a boil.
- Step 3.) Line your funnel with a coffee filter and place funnel in your opened spray bottle.
- Step 4.) Pour in your steeped basil water mixture into the funnel, making sure that the coffee filter catches the tiny pieces of basil. Remove the filter.
- Step 5.) Pour in the boiling water, vodka, and essential oil.
- Step 6.) Put on the spray bottle top and shake to mix.
- Do you ever "summer clean"?
- Emily + Erick